The AGA - The Heart of the Home
Burlanes is an authorised AGA showroom. Buying an AGA will be one of the best decisions you'll ever make!
Here is why:
- An AGA is the heart of the home, where people congregate for a chat; it becomes part of the family. Many owners give their AGA a name!
- Not just for cooking the AGA saves on central heating. Dry your laundry, soggy dogs; warm your hands, keep pre -made gravy and sauces warm and your cup of tea!
- You don’t have to live in a huge country house to have an Aga. There is a version for everyone and every kitchen.
- Small kitchen? Try the City60 — the same size as a conventional oven and on wheels so you can take it with you when you move.
- No Chimney? The Total Control is an electric version that can be turned on and off, perfect if you're out all day and you can use a smartphone to send it a text saying ‘oven on’ when you leave work.
- There is even an AGA that comes with a gas hob for those who don’t want to use the hotplates.
- They come in 15 fabulous shades and we'll be showcasing a total control AGA in aqua blue at the Wealden Times Midwinter Fair. If you can't make it to the fair and would like to see the AGA Total Control in action, please call us to arrange a viewing time at our Sevenoaks Kitchen Showroom
- AGA-cooked food is simply the best! The AGA uses radiant heat and doesn't dry food out when it cooks so bakes are beautifully moist, roasts deliciously succulent and bread-making is a doddle.
If you need a helping hand with what to cook with your AGA then we recommend the latest book by the lovely Mary Berry. The Complete AGA Cookbook, written with Lucy Young is packed full of delicious recipes. It’s more than 30 years since Mary wrote the original AGA Cook Book and this new revamped version includes old favourites and new exciting recipes with 21st century ingredients showing how versatile the AGA really is! Mary and Lucy also offer practical information on how to get the most out of your AGA as they guide the reader through time- and energy-saving tips.
Here are some of our favourite recipes:
Salmon En Croute
Pear and Almond Franzipane
AGA Cookbook Photos © Georgia Glynn Smith
We have a copy of The Complete AGA Cookbook to giveaway to one lucky reader! To enter use the simple rafflecoptor widget below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions
Start date is 12am, 12th November 2015 and the closing date is 12am, 19th November 2015.
The winner will be notified by email. The winner will need to provide a postal address so we can arrange delivery.
If the winner does not respond with a postal address within 2 days of contact the giveaway will be re-drawn and the prize re-allocated.
The winner must have fulfilled the mandatory requirement. The prize is not transferable and there is no monetary alternative. UK entry only
The Burlanes Blogger